Opstal ViognierType : Still White Wine
Origin : Slanghoek, South Africa
Colour : Bright yellow.
Aroma :A big, boldly flavoured wine that delivers the classic peach and apricot aromas of the variety.
Palate : A vigorous, rounded mouthfeel that balances the alcohol.
Serving suggestion:Enjoyed best at 8º - 12º C with curry and tandoori chicken.
Wines from South Africa
Opstal Estate is situated at the foot of the Slanghoek mountains in the heart of the breathtakingly beautiful Slanghoek Valley. The valley forms part of the Breede River Valley with Worcester as the closest, large town. The vineyards of this 100 hectare estate have been planted to make optimum use of the various slopes and diverse soils. Stanley Louw is the current owner and sixth generation vinter of the Opstal Estate which was founded in 1847.
The Wine Selection
- Sauvignon Blanc Pale straw yellow and distinct green tinge. Complexity of green peppers, asparagus and gooseberry and a discreet flinty note. Crisp, fresh and tropical, herbal flavours and a tangy fresh citrus finish.
- Shiraz Intense, deep ruby with great depth and a bright magenta edge. Complexity of black cherry and mulberry layered with minty and spice aromas. Ripe black berry fruit with hints of chocolate, firm, ripe tannins, lingering aftertaste.
- Gervino BlancClear and brilliant, pale straw with green hues. Appealing refreshing guava with hints of pineapple and peach aromas. Unmistakably dry with the fruity tropical flavors and has steely crisp refreshing finish and aftertaste.
- Gervino RougeDeep bright ruby red with slight crimson edge. Open upfront with pepper, plum and dark berry fragrances layered with savory and spicy aromas. Smooth ripe plum and mild pepper flavours with a hint of spice. Firm, but smooth tannins and a pleasant long aftertaste.
- Montestell ChardonnayLight straw with a nose of baked pear, lime and whiffs of buttered toast.
- Montestell PinotageIntense dark purple with rich mulberry and damson fruit aromas. Appealing fruitiness with soft oak and smooth tannins on the palate.
- Opstal ViognierBright yellow with a nose of Peach and apricot aromas.